You have probably heard the common expression more than once: "We are what we eat." And indeed it is. The choice of food directly affects our health. Food gives us energy and even affects our mood. That is why proper nutrition is one of the most important conditions for a healthy lifestyle.
There are nine rules for healthy eating habits:
- Go for low fat foods. Good options would be yogurts and cheeses;
- Eat fish. It has Omega 3 fatty acids;
- 5 A Day. Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet;
- Less sweet is better. Just avoid eating sweets three hours before bedtime;
- Starchy carbs will help. Rice and pasta keep you fuller for longer;
- Opt for unsaturated oils. Vegetable, rapseed or sunflower oil is better option;
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water (dehydration leads to hunger);
- Stick to your allowance –2,000 calories for women and 2,500 calories for men;
- Check the labels– look for products with green labels (they’re low fat).
What are the main tricks of weight-loss?
Before changing your routine dramatically, do not forget to consult a doctor or dietitian. The main task of a specialist is not just to help get rid of excess weight, but to determine why you gained weight, and to choose a diet that won’t harm the patient.
Here are some tricks, which you should follow on a daily basis to lose weight and stay fit for a long time:
- 30 minutes of physical activity every day;
- Purchase food only from the shopping list;
- Eat products rich in protein and fiber;
- Avoid baked foods such as cookies or desserts;
- Get rid of junk food (chips, crackers, burgers are high in calories, contain a lot of salt, sugar etc.)
How can I lose 7 kilos in 7 days?
Most people want to lose weight in a week at home. Is it possible? Sure. Where there's a will, there's a way. Nutritionist Cheryl Forberg, R.D. from “The Biggest Loser” designed a seven-day diet plan for weight loss, which helps the competitors slim down. You are supposed to eat three times a day and have two snacks. In addition, Bob Harper (The Biggest Loser trainer) encourages doing exercises four times a week (60 to 90 minutes).
According to GM (General Motors) diet, you can lose somewhere between five kilos to seven kilos in seven days and improve your digestion too. This 7–day plan for weight loss includes only fruits and vegetables (always different). It is also essential to walk for 45 minutes every day and forget about extensive trainings.
How do celebrities manage to drop weight so fast?
Despite the fact that celebrities have access to the best fitness trainers and expensive treatments, they still have to limit their diet from time to time. For instance, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi cannot imagine her menu without salads, and no wonder. Salads are not only rich in vitamins, but also low in fat. Kim Kardashian followed a meal plan that included a lot of protein. For breakfast she ate cheesy eggs, then fish for lunch, and chicken for dinner. Jennifer Hudson dropped her weight so fast by avoiding late night snacks and early morning ones.